[xsde-users] Cross-compilation libxsde for PPC under vxWorks

Jaws jaws75 at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 28 04:40:29 EDT 2010

   Hi all,
   I am using gnu gcc 3.4.5 for ppc with the following option:
        -U_BIG_ENDIAN -fno-common -mno-sdata -pipe -Wno-invalid-offsetof
   -mcpu=860 -fno-branch-count-reg -ansi
   building the runtime library and the application the following error
   are reported by the linker:
     _ZnwjPv undefined
     _ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE undefined
     _ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE undefined
     _ZTVN10__cxxabiv121__vmi_class_type_infoE undefined
   Do you have any idea why ?
   The build for linux machine with i386 build completely and works good.
   thanks in advance.
   Jaws
   Boris Kolpackov ha scritto:

Hi,

Jaws [1]<jaws75 at tiscali.it> writes:

I have started with the xsde compiler on a Linux machine using the
binary distribution to see the example and to prototype the code for my
application. Everything went well.
Now I have to use the code for the real target: PPC processor on vxWorks.
I need to cross-compile the run-time library but It is not clear how  to
proceed.

You would still use a binary distribution for that. For example, if your
VxWorks cross-compiler is on Linux, then you will need a Linux XSD/e
binary. If it is on Windows, then you will use the Windows binary.

The binary distribution contains the source code for the runtime library
(libxsde) as well as the build system that supports cross-compilation.
For VxWorks, you will use GNU make (which is part of the VxWorks
toolchain), just like on Linux. You can also find a number of sample
configuration files for VxWorks in the etc/vxworks/ directory of the
XSD/e distribution. You can use one of them as a base for your own
configuration. There are also comments at the beginning of each
configuration file with more information (e.g., how to 'munch' the
examples or your application if you are using iostream, etc).

Let us know if you run into any problems.

Boris