[xsde-users] xsde support for whitespace collapse

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 4 08:26:28 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

Frank Benady <knarfben110 at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm actually using the xsd:whiteSpace facet, but I think I can switch to
> xsd:token without any side effect.

Yes, that's probably the easiest way. xsd:token is just xsd:string
with xsd:whiteSpace="collapse".

The alternative (in case you cannot change the schema) would be to
customize the generated parser implementation and do whitespace-
collapsing manually. The sample code can be found in libxsde, for
example, libxsde/xsde/cxx/parser/non-validating/token-stl.cxx.

> I'm using xsde on an iPhone project and it saved me a lot of time!! So
> thanks again and keep on the good work!!

Thanks, I am glad you are enjoying it.