[xsd-users] Version 4.1.0.a11

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Sep 26 11:10:01 EDT 2017

Hi Damon,

Southworth Damon (AA-AS/EOS32) <damon.southworth at uk.bosch.com> writes:

> Thanks, yes that worked.

Great. Thanks for haging in there, soon we will have a much better process
for all of this.

> Another question before I try, how coupled to xerces-c is the generated
> code? if I remove all the XML serialisation and just keep the corba
> serialisation is it possible to remove the xerces-c payload?

The generated code (I believe) shouldn't be an issue: you can suppress
the generation of XML parsing and serialization support and that (I think)
should get rid of any Xerces-C++ references. The problem will be the
libxsd runtime. It has some provisions for separating XML parsing and
serialization implementations into separate files but all the declararions
(e.g., of parsing constructors) are there. So this will require some
modifications. What you could try is to not link the Xerces-C++ library
(you will still need its headers during compilation) since presumably
none of its functions should be called.