[xsd-users] Version 4.1.0.a11

Southworth Damon (AA-AS/EOS32) damon.southworth at uk.bosch.com
Thu Sep 21 04:16:58 EDT 2017

Hi Boris,

>> Is there a recent build >= 4.1.0.a10 of the xsd compiler for OSX?

>No, there is currently no build. It is a bit of a pain to build things on Mac OS and we are working on a longer-term >solution for this.

I see, I have been trying to build it from source myself whilst waiting for your response. I have managed to build version 4.0.0 for Linux and OSX but 4.1.0 brings in cli which I am failing to build, but this is true for the Linux platform too, not just OSX.

> How urgently do you need it and what minimum version of Mac OS do you need supported?

We need to bring our OSX CI build up to date with the other platforms so ideally ASAP. We are currently building our project with clang 8.1 for MACOS 10.12 although clang 9 and MACOS 10.13 is about to land so we will be moving to those versions soon.

However, I built version 4.0.0 of xsd for OSX using g++5 as this was the compiler I used to successfully build it for Linux so I thought it would have the best chance of working after clang 8.1 failed.

> [Also note that you can copy generated code between platforms since it is the same everywhere.]

Hmm, this could be a short term solution.

Thanks,

Damon.