EXTERNAL: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: [xsd-users] XSD compilation fails: "Global element declared more than once"

Chalk, Andrew J andrew.j.chalk at lmco.com
Thu Jan 5 11:05:24 EST 2017

Many thanks for your reply. A couple of things:

1) I installed the 64-bit production version of CS-XSD on Fedora 20 (64 bit). It parsed all of the XSD files with no problems.

2) I am not allowed to release schemas. I would have to generate a 'white box' schema that replicated the problem. I am too time-pressed to do so right now. However, from the errors reported by VC++ with build output set to diagnostic it would appear one would just have to duplicate a type in two XSD files, one of which is included by the other.
Here is a typical error:
"supportrequest.xsd:33:38: error: global type 'complexType:SupportRequest' declared more than once or also declared as simpleType (TaskId:119)"

Many thanks for your support.

- A