[xsd-users] About usage of code synthesis

lainegates lainegates at 163.com
Wed Aug 9 09:32:25 EDT 2017

Dear Editor:
    I know code synthesis from google, and I think it's a wonderful tool to bind xml schema and c++.

   when I read the "README", I find a term (1.b) that "You created a library that uses the XSD generated code and the XSD runtime library to access information in XML instance documents. You did not add to the library any other useful code that uses the XSD generated code or the XSD runtime library (neither section 2.b nor 2.c is satisfied)....  This scenario does not fall under this FLOSS Exception (neither section 2.b nor 2.c is satisfied). You created the library for the sole purpose of making the XSD generated code and the XSD runtime library available to your proprietary application."

   Does this term means that
       (1) If I just compile the code generated by code synthesis to library without any changes
       (2) I just link the library from step (1) to my application
   , then I can use the code with BSD license (no charge) and don't need to worry about GPL license ?

   Yours, sincerely

Xiaolong Cheng