[xsd-users] Build error C2955 from unique_ptr with Visual Studio 2008 SP1

[EXT] Antti Keskinen Antti.Keskinen at basware.com
Mon Apr 18 01:35:17 EDT 2016

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your help.

The author officially supports Visual Studio 2013 Express Edition on the Windows platform. However, using VS2013 is not an option for us at the moment, so I'll have to make-do.

I managed to find this flag from the command-line options that are given to the XSD executable. Unlike I first thought, here's the full XSD command-line options that were used:

--type-naming ucc
--function-naming lcc
--generate-serialization
--std c++11
--output-dir ${OUTPUT}

I removed the --std c++11 option, and the schema files now compile correctly. Now I still need to fix some other build errors from the non-generated source files since there are references to the unique_ptr type, and its corresponding std::move function, which again are C++11 features.

But at least I'm getting forward now. Thanks for the tip! :)

Regards,
Antti