[xsd-users] Error compiling char-utf8.txx with Solaris Studio 12.4 c++11

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 8 10:35:36 EDT 2016

Hi Bernie,

Bernie Harris <Bernard.T.Harris at nasa.gov> writes:

> In Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4, the C++ compiler supports C++11, a
> new language and ABI (Application Binary Interface).
>
> In C++ 11 mode, the CC compiler uses the g++ ABI and a version of
> the g++ runtime library that is supplied with Oracle Solaris
> Studio. For this release, version 4.8.2 of the g++ runtime library
> is used.

Interesting. This means you should be able to build Xerces-C++ with
GCC (probably even in C++98 mode, though it should also build in C++11)
and then link it to your application that is built with Sun CC in C++11
mode.

> I'll try but I haven't done much C++ in 15 years.

It looks like they are just casts like the ones I sent you earlier. But
if you run into anything different, let me konw.