[xsd-users] Namespace mapping problem

Gagnon, Joseph - 0558 - MITLL Joseph.Gagnon at ll.mit.edu
Fri Jan 16 12:43:31 EST 2015

I just downloaded XSD for evaluation.  When I tried to generate a C++ API
from a schema, I received the following error message:

xsd.exe cxx-tree --root-element-all
C:\Users\jo24447\xml_output\config\IE6\OMS_Extension_IE6_ExportControlled.xs

C:\Users\jo24447\xml_output\config\IE6\OMS_Extension_IE6_ExportControlled.xs
d:3:268: error: unable to map XML Schema nam

espace 'http://some-oms-website.mil/' to C++ namespace

C:\Users\jo24447\xml_output\config\IE6\OMS_Extension_IE6_ExportControlled.xs
d:3:268: info: use the --namespace-map or --

namespace-regex option to provide custom mapping

I tried using the -namespace-map and -namespace-regex options but was unable
to make any progress.  I then grabbed another schema file related to the
first and tried running XSD on it.  I got the same error, but on a different
namespace.  It appears that URI specified as the target namespace is what is
being complained about.  Both of these schema files have multiple namespace
declarations (i.e. xmlns:XXX="some URI")

I cannot figure out what is wrong or what I need to do to correct the
problem.  I'm not sure if I used the --namespace* options correctly,
although the --namespace-map option seemed pretty straightforward.

As a side note, I had originally run XSD with no options, but got the error:

C:\Users\jo24447\xml_output\config\IE6\OMS_Extension_IE6_ExportControlled.xs
d: warning T004: generating parsing function

s for 13 global elements

C:\Users\jo24447\xml_output\config\IE6\OMS_Extension_IE6_ExportControlled.xs
d: info: use --root-element-* options to spe

cify document root(s)

I'm not sure what 13 global elements it was referring to, but decided to add
the --root-element-all option.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Joe Gagnon