[xsd-users] Streaming and Xerces-C++ runtime initialization

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 16 06:35:20 EST 2015

Hi Yury,

Yury Zaytsev <yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de> writes:

> While we are at it, do you happen have any plans for inclusion of the
> serializer in the standard XSD runtime rather than keeping it as an example
> only? For now, I've hacked up a patch to convert it to use unique_ptr<>,
> which I can post if it would help, and included it directly in my
> project. However, since I include the runtime anyways, it would be easier
> maintenance-wise rather than checking whether anything has changed with
> every new version, and applying custom patches on top, etc.

The example started with a parser and serializer that had to be customized
for each vocabulary. Now, however, that they were generalized, I agree it
would make sense to move them to libxsd. There is one problem, though:
libxsd is header-only and both of them, and especially the serializer,
have quite a bit of non-inline source code. So that's an obstacle.