[xsd-users] Sequence of choices in code generated by xsd

Vladimir Zykov vladimir.zykov at doctormobile.us
Tue Mar 4 08:00:06 EST 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> We are also thinking of adding some extra mechanism to C++/Tree to
> allow preserving/specifying the element order for certain types.
> Let me know if you are interested in hearing what we have so far
> and maybe provide some feedback.

As far as understand those mechanisms are only ideas and it will take some time to implement them. Right now the other project activities are pressing me to choose from what is currently available and this means that xsd cannot do what is very important for the project. Anyway, it would be interesting to hear your new ideas. What immediately comes to my mind is that such mechanism should allow both loading and saving preserving order of XML elements. Currently loading with preserved order is possible with XML DOM associations but as far as I understood it's not possible to save XML with arbitrary order of XML elements using similar approach.

Thanks.

Vladimir Zykov
Software Engineer
Doctor Mobile, LLC