[xsd-users] Extending the XSD code generator

Mathew Benson mathew.benson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:58:17 EST 2014

I'm adding a set of functions to the code generated by XSD using the examples and documentation.  It's going very well but was wondering if there is a mechanism in place to easily extend the code generation functionality.  The functions that I'm adding are very formulaic and just extend on code already being generated.  I'm adding V8 bindings so I can build my XSD generated code as a Node JS module and access all the data from c++ and the V8 JavaScript engine.  Basically making a really fast javascript data engine that does not suffer from the V8 memory cap.  It's similar to overriding the << operator but builds and returns a V8 object rather than a standard string.

Is there an add-on mechanism to easily add code generation ability, or would this require a fork of the XSD code base?