[xsd-users] xmldsig# signatures

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 21 01:05:14 EST 2014

Hi Gerard,

Gerard O'Donnell <gerard_odonnell at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> These schemas use ##any elements - would I be right in saying that
> I need to modify the XSD files locally, and replace ##any with
> references to the elements that the web service will actually use?

No, I would suggest that you do not modify the schema and instead
"assemble" your complete document from individually serialized
fragments, as shown in the 'messaging' example.

> From there though I'm stuck - does CodeSynthesis offer any help with
> calculating the SignatureValue and DigestValues for xmldsig?

No, XSD does not provide this functionality out of the box. The
recommended way is to serialize the document into DOM and then use
something like Apache XML Security to add the signature:

http://santuario.apache.org/