[xsd-users] Q: schemaLocation in schema file

Rangarajan, Ravi_Sowmian raviraja at qti.qualcomm.com
Fri Feb 7 16:55:51 EST 2014

Hi Code synthesis representative.
Pls. let me know if query below requires a support license#, in which case I will try to get that detail from our team.

Currently, my schema is looking for a namespace component and a location component in schemaLocation attribute. If location field is missing, code synthesis throws an exception. Since location and/or namespace fields in schemaLocation are optional, then I am wondering what would be the best way to specify schemaLocation in the schema template such that code synthesis parser would handle the three scenarios below properly?

1.       schemaLocation field itself is missing.

2.       schemaLocation is present and it has namespace field, location is missing.

3.       schemaLocation is present and so are namespace & location fields.

Just to highlight with example. If the part in red is missing from MPD files, then code synthesis throws exception.

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:mpeg:dash:schema:mpd:2011 MPD.xsd"

thanks
Ravi