[xsd-users] Error on building XSD using Cygwin.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Nov 13 00:58:54 EST 2013

Hi Erasmo,

Erasmo Aguilera <eaguilari at unitec.edu> writes:

> I'm trying to build XSD with Cygwin, on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Unless you have a good reason for wanting to build the XSD compiler
yourself (i.e., you want to modify it), I suggest that you use the
pre-built binary instead.

> Following the building instructions (at
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-windows.xhtml), when
> configuring STLPort by running:

Recent versions of GCC for MinGW-W64 finally have proper support for
wchar_t. This means that you no longer need to build STLPort and
instead should be able to use GCC's stock libstdc++.