[xsd-users] controlling the pretty printer format

Al Niessner Al.Niessner at gmx.net
Mon Jun 24 21:18:52 EDT 2013

I am using XSD to serialize an XML object-tree in memory. While a
machine is processing the XML so are humans. The standard serialization
looks good, but I want to be nit-picky and control more of it. I would
like three spaces for indentation instead of two. I like my attributes
on separate lines, etc. What is the easiest way to control the pretty
printer format of serialization?

I am a bit of a newbie to XSD but have used jaxb and pyxb for a while
now. I did the obligatory google searches and searches on this email
list. Either I am not guessing what the magic words to search or there
just are no hits (I am guessing the former).

Any and all help is appreciated.

--
Al Niessner

I have never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
- From Walden by Henry David Thoreau

The universe is indifferent, and life is brutal; however, it is man's
choice of behavior that makes them malevolent rather than benevolent.

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.
- From the song Pepper by the Butthole Surfers