[xsd-users] is "warning T005" really needed? (use --polymorphic-type to indicate this type is polymorphic ...)

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 03:16:12 EDT 2013

Hi,
Just sharing some thoughts about the command line user interface for
CodeSynthesis XSD.

I wonder if this type of warning is really needed?

info: use --polymorphic-type to indicate this type is polymorphic when
compiling schemas that reference it
/dev/shm/build1/person.xsd:23:44: warning T005: assuming type 'personType'
is polymorphic

I could add "--polymorphic-type personType" for the polymorphic type that
is referenced from the imported schema but that seems to break the DRY
principle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_repeat_yourself

(and more importantly it makes it more difficult for me to use some CMake
macros that I wrote for creating a dynamically loaded plugin)

My program compiles and runs just fine but I get a number of warnings
during the build because of this.
Maybe it would be better to add a command line option --debug where this
warning could be printed?

cheers,
Erik Sjölund