[xsd-users] DLL's VS 2010 and dllexport problems revisited

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 28 10:11:10 EDT 2012

Hi Gordan,

> all the suggestions I found didn't help, the problem did not vanish.

It would be helpful to have more details on this. Generally, if
followed correctly, this approach works. Here is the list of steps
that you need to take:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2010-September/003011.html

And at the bottom of the following email there is some additional
information on cases where you have your own (not generated) classes
that inherit from std::string:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2010-September/003019.html

> If I change definitions in headers so only member functions are exported,
> and not class itself, everything works like a charm.
>
> [...]
>
> I would like to ask is there possibility to automatically add this
> function decoration during parsing XSD schema?

I am pretty sure we won't be able to do this for built-in types which
are class templates. What's exported in their case are template
instantiations (using the "template class EXPORT_MACROS foo<bar>;"
syntax). Maybe it is possible to instantiate and export individual
member functions this way but we definitely don't want to go that
route (there will be hundreds of them).