[xsd-users] Multi-threading and thread safety in C++/Parser

Wahid hamishagi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 04:48:10 EDT 2012

Hi every one,
If some one asked me whether multithreading in C++/Parser is possible or not, I would say NO, coz C++/Parser mapping is SAX-like parsing which take a top to bottom approach and processes data streams as the xml is read.

Still, I would like to ask:
1-is it possible to distribute parsing of different elements, among some threads? (or, parse multiple occurrences of an element using more than one thread?) if yes, any psudo example?
2-is thread safety an issue to worry about while using C++/Parser in our program?

Thank you Boris

vahid