[xsd-users] CodeSythesis XSD - CXX Tree Multithreading issue

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Mar 7 05:37:42 EST 2012

Hi Tom,

tomislav.reichenbach at valida.at <tomislav.reichenbach at valida.at> writes:

> > By "the error occurs" do you mean that an exception is thrown? Or does
> > the thread complete without any errors but the written XML is incomplete?
>
> I get both, roughly ..
>
> ... 30% of return happens with an exception thrown, unfortunatelly the one
> I cannot catch with all FAQ catch variants, only with catch(...).
>
> ... 60% of return have incomplete XML (no exception is thrown)
>
> ... 10% have correct return XML

Hm, this is very strange. Do you catch all the exceptions, including
the Xerces-C++ ones? If that's the case, then chances are high this
is an access violation exception (will also explain why you sometimes
get just the incorrect behavior without an exception).

Ideally, you would want to run this application under a debugger (or
let it crash and then load it into the debugger to examine the stack
trace) to figure out what kind of exception it is.

> Input and output have different structure. Calculation function
> instantiates new output objects. (Input size is 5KB vs Output size
> of 1585KB)
>
> [...]
>
> I can make the modifications, and I will try to implement them and
> report the outcome.

You could change your code to send the output XML as input. Then parse
it to DOM and serialize it back to XML.