[xsd-users] Linking errors (not Xerces, I believe) with date_time types in VS2010

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 5 09:40:40 EST 2012

Hi James,

James & Veri Martin <verimart at hotmail.com> writes:

> I think this is a problem with the constructor I've use.  I'm trying to
> construct the date_time types using a constructor that accepts a string
> followed by a Xerces DOM pointer, a flag, and a cxx::tree::container
> argument , all of which I'm setting to 0 as follows:
>
> <date_time-type> theVariable(L"2011-09-01T19:40:11Z", 0);

You are using the parsing constructor. The only situation that I can
think of that will result in the linker error you've showed is if you
disabled parsing support (--suppress-parsing). Otherwise the constructor
implementation is include into the generated header file.

> I can't tell from the mapping documentation what this constructor is
> intended to be used for, but I guess I can't construct a dateTime
> type with a string representation of the date/time.

It is normally not used directly, but you can use it if you need to.

> Seems like the right thing to do is use one of these constructors instead?
>
>   date_time (int year, unsigned short month, unsigned short day,
>              unsigned short hours, unsigned short minutes,
>              double seconds);
>
>   date_time (int year, unsigned short month, unsigned short day,
>              unsigned short hours, unsigned short minutes,
>              double seconds, short zone_hours, short zone_minutes);

Yes, that's the constructors that are normally used.