[xsd-users] availability as maven plugin & dependency

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 18 03:31:12 EDT 2012

Hi Greg,

Greg Domjan <GDomjan at netiq.com> writes:

> Like to make sure your happy with the idea and it doesn't break any
> restriction you might have that I didn't recognize. It does include
> the XSD 3.3 content, including licences, and references to your website.

I know next to nothing about Maven so maybe that's how things should
be, but it seems strange to me that you had to include the tool itself
with the build plugin. One major drawback is that when a new version
of XSD is released, you will have to also release the new version of
your plugin with the updated content.

But, as I said, I don't know anything about Maven so maybe that's how
things are done. There is definitely no problem with including XSD
inside as long as the license is mentioned.