[xsd-users] segmentation fault when runninig CodeSynthesis XSD

Erik Sjölund erik.sjolund at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:28:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Boris Kolpackov
<boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema is a reserved namespace and you cannot
> use it as a target namespace for your own schemas.

Hi Boris,
thanks for the answer.
Some background information: I need to create some XML Schemas from
within a running program. It would be possible to use Xerces for
writing these XML Schemas, but I am interested in the possibility to
use CodeSynthesis XSD for this.

My plan was to first write an XML schema, minimal.xsd,  that validates
a subset of all valid XML schemas.  Then I would let CodeSynthesis XSD
generate a dataobject model from minimal.xsd.

xsd cxx-tree --generate-serialization --root-element schema minimal.xsd

I would then use that dataobject model to write some simple XML schemas.

Is it possible to do this with CodeSynthesis XSD?

cheers,
Erik Sjölund