[xsd-users] Re: Newbie question -- confused on simple point -- how to get the value of an item from my parsed document?

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 29 14:17:00 EST 2012

Boris,
Good to know it's documented somewhere.  As a newbie, I would have appreciated if this information was somewhat easier to find.  Perhaps now that I have asked it, someone else will be able to find it in the list.  I found the list archives to be awkward to search and use as well.  Not complaining, just giving feedback from my perspective.  :-)
I looked in the section you pointed to, section 4.1 and I don't see a single asterisk used.  In section 4.2, "Accessing the Object Model," which I actually read before posting my question, there is an asterisk, but I don't think it really answers my question.  From reading it, the simple solution I give below is not obvious.
Anyhow, now I know.  Hopefully someone will have an answer to the namespace problem I brought up in my other post.  I don't see that that is the case yet.  Should I repost it?
Thanks!
-- Rich

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory