[xsd-users] XSD, Google Protocol Buffer and Fix Protocol

Davide Anastasia Davide.Anastasia at qualitycapital.com
Wed Apr 4 07:30:03 EDT 2012

Hi All,

First message on this mailing list. J

I have a crazy idea, and I don't know whether it's doable or not.

I'm currently working on a messaging system based on Apache Qpid. This
message middleware doesn't define the format of the message content, so
I decided to go for Google Protocol Buffer to serialization C++ objects.
However, I would love to us the FIX protocol to define what the content
of these messages is.

Question: is it possible to generate C++ classes with XSD from the FIX
protocol XSD Schema and then plug inside GProto as binary serialization
engine (in a similar way like the one described for ACE (Adaptive
Communication Environment) CDR streams in the CS XSD manual).

Is this completely crazy? J

Best,

Davide Anastasia
Analyst, Research & Development

Quality Capital Management Ltd.
QCM House * Horizon Business Village
No. 1 Brooklands Road
Weybridge * Surrey KT13 0TJ
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1932 334 400
Fax: +44 (0) 1932 334 415
Email: Davide.Anastasia at QualityCapital.com
<mailto:Davide.Anastasia at QualityCapital.com>

www.qualitycapital.com <http://www.qualitycapital.com/>

________________________________

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Quality Capital Management Ltd. If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, printing,
forwarding or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please
contact the sender if you have received this email in error. You should
also be aware that emails are susceptible to interference and you should
not assume that the contents of this email originated from the sender
above or that they have been accurately reproduced in their original
form. Quality Capital Management Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority in the UK and is a member of the National
Futures Association in the US.