[xsd-users] Serialization of Polymorphic Sequences

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 21 02:47:12 EDT 2011

Hi Jason,

Friess, Jason <jason.friess at lmco.com> writes:

> // display XML of modified MessageType object - this does not work! - the
> // XML printed here does not reflect the ChildType instance - only that a
> // ParentType has been included
>
> Message (cout, *mfs, map);

Your code looks fine to me. Have you compiled your schemas with the
--generate-polymorphic option and used the --polymorphic-type option
to mark ParentType as the root of a polymorphic type hierarchy?

See the XSD compiler command line manual (man pages) for more
information on these options:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/xsd.xhtml