[xsd-users] XSD Serialization problem - xml_schema:ostream not recognized in MinGW env

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Oct 25 09:01:48 EDT 2011

Hi Jose,

Jose <jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com> writes:

> So now when I cross compile it recognizes the schema the problem is that the
> the xdr api that comes with MingGW is not compatible with the XDR api used
> by XDS. Many names of variables are different or even not declared as well
> as some headers of functions.

Unfortunately, this appears to be quite common.

> I don't know if this is a MinGW issue or XSD issue. Is XSD using the the
> unix name sets of the XDR api in its Windows binary libraries in the file
> xdr-stream-extraction and so on.

I would say it is the XDR library issue. In XSD we use the XDR API that is
defined as part of Sun RPC.

> I can edit my xdr.h in mingw to be compatible to xsd but its not a nice
> solution.

Yes, I agree. One way you can try and solve this is by coming up with a
set of typedefs/functions/macros that make this xdr.h look like Sun XDR
API. If you can do that, then you can use it in your application by first
including <rpc/xdr.h>, then adding your "compatibility" layer and then
including the generated header. This way the generated code and the XSD
runtime will "see" the compatible API.

If you manage to come up with something like this (it can probably be
packaged in a header), I would appreciate it if you posted it to the
mailing list in case others have a similar issue.