[xsd-users] Inheritance : Ways to get the real type

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:17:19 EST 2011

Hi,

I thought I asked this before but cannot find my message on this list so
maybe I just thought about it very hard and didn't ask in the end.

The question is simple, I just need a confirmation :

Assuming I'm using correctly the xsd inheritance mechanism and get base and
child classes in C++ using xsd/tree (not xsde),
in C++ (with objects genreated via xsd/tree) the only ways to know what is
the real type of an object we got are:

 1. use dynamic_cast
 2. use typeid

Correct?

No type name information provided by xsd/tree generated types, right? Or am
I missing something?

Thanks for your time.

Joël Lamotte