[xsd-users] XSD Parsing with different schema files

Lickert, Dominik (LEN, DivHG) DLickert at testo.de
Tue Nov 22 07:07:21 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a problem with the parsing of a Microsoft Visio files. I save my flow chart as *.vdx, which is a XML format.

I build source- and header codes with the XSD-tool and the XSD-schema-files of Microsoft Visio. There are three different schema files for Microsoft Visio, which are all needed for the edition 2010. They are not linked to each other, they are separated. So the XSD-tool generates three different source- and header codes. The solution of the problem is to link these three XSD-schema-files together. I think this is possible with the command line attributes of the XSD-tool. I tried it with the command line attributes "namespace-map" and "polymorphic", but without success.

There is only in one of the three source code files a parse function. When I parse my Visio file, with this parse function, it doesn't find all elements. Elements of the two other XSD-schema-files are ignored by the parse function. Even all elements in the same level and behind this element of a other schema file are also ignored. The reason for that is, the for-loop is broken, when an element of a other XSD-schema-file occurs.

I hope somebody can help me

Best Regards
Dominik Lickert

Testo AG, Lenzkirch, Commercial Register Freiburg 320456 - Board of Directors: Burkart Knospe (CEO), Lothar Walleser, Martin Winkle, Dr. Jörk Hebenstreit- Supervisory board: Anne-Kathrin Deutrich (Chairperson), Klaus Fritzsching, Hartmut Herrlinger, Testo AG, Testo-Strasse 1, 79853 Lenzkirch, Germany