[xsd-users] error processing multiple schemas at once

Eric Broadbent Eric.Broadbent at csr.com
Wed Nov 2 13:32:51 EDT 2011

Hi fellow XSD users - I'm new to the community and am hoping to use XSD to generate some parsing code for a schema defining information I need to process.
I ran XSD to generate parsing code for a single schema (defined elsewhere),specifying the "--root-element" option, so that it would generate the test driver.
It generated subset_schema-driver.cxx and .hxx, subset_schema-pskel.cxx and .hxx files just fine.

However I got these errors when I attempted to compile the generated code:

	subset_schema-pskel.hxx:465:50: error: shared-types-pskel.hxx: No such file or directory
	subset_schema-pskel.hxx:467:50: error: shared-resources-pskel.hxx: No such file or directory

Obviously, the subset_schema.xsd referenced other schemas, so I searched and found this in the archives - in the release notes for 2.3.1 (or something like that)

	"The compiler is now capable of translating multiple schemas with one invocation."

So I tried running XSD with multiple schemas:
(same command as I used originally but just added the other schemas on the end)

	xsd cxx-parser --show-sloc --force-overwrite --show-anonymous --root-element subset_root --generate-test-driver --generate-print-impl --generate-validation --xml-parser expat subset_schema.xsd shared-types.xsd shared-resources xsd

This time, it didn't appear to accept the "--root-element" option"

	xsd: error: unable to generate the test driver without a global element (document root)

Maybe I need to somehow specify it for each schema?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

EBroadbent

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Follow CSR on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CSR_PLC and read our blog at www.csr.com/blog