[xsd-users] base type not found

Abdul G Khan Abdul_G_Khan-NR at raytheon.com
Tue Jun 28 18:49:47 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to generate code using the following sequence
of commands:

curl http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/esi/schemas/SSWAgentResponse.xsd >
SSWAgentResponse.xsd
curl http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/esi/schemas/ESIAgentResponse.xsd >
ESIAgentResponse.xsd
curl http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/esi/schemas/ESIAgentResponseInternal.xsd
> ESIAgentResponseInternal.xsd

xsd cxx-tree --location-map
http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/esi/schemas/SSWAgentResponse.xsd=SSWAgentResponse.xsd
 --location-map
http://newsroom.gsfc.nasa.gov/esi/schemas/ESIAgentResponse.xsd=ESIAgentResponse.xsd
 ESIAgentResponseInternal.xsd

ESIAgentResponse.xsd:39:48: error: base type 'agentResponse' not found
ESIAgentResponse.xsd:75:44: error: base type 'Exception' not found

Some things that may be causing this issue:

1, ESIAgentResponseInternal imports ESIAgentResponse which imports
SSWAgentResponse (three levels of imports)
2. SSWAgentResponse does not have a namespace (agentResponse and Exception
are defined in SSWAgentResponse)

The schemas successfully  generate Java code using JAXB's xjc.

xsd works when generating the SSWAgentResponse and the ESIAgentResponse
schemas with the following warning:

xsd cxx-tree SSWAgentResponse.xsd

SSWAgentResponse.xsd: warning T004: generating parsing functions for 2
global elements
SSWAgentResponse.xsd: info: use --root-element-* options to specify
document root(s)

I would really appreciate any ideas that may help me get rid of the above
errors.

Thanks,

Abdul