[xsd-users] License and Portability

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 15:13:54 EDT 2011

2011/6/19 Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>

> Hi Joėl,
>
> It sounds like you will be adding quite a few transformation
> algorithms on top of the generated code so I believe you should
> be fine using the FLOSS exception. However, you will need to
> run the XSD compiler yourself and include the generated code
> into the library (probably along with the libxsd headers). If
> users of your library compile the schemas themselves then
> they will be getting the generated code under the GPL.

So it's an important point... I'll simply put the generated code into the
repository and only change it for major xsd revisions I guess.
Thanks for telling me, it's really helpful. :)

> Regarding XPath, currently you can run XPath on the object model
> using the DOM association feature (see the 'xpath' example for
> details). The major limitation of this approach is that it only
> works on unmodified object models. For the next release of XSD
> we are considering adding native XPath execution that will remove
> this limitation.

I obviously missed that part...

As I need to be able to modify the model, I guess I'll consider replacing
some of my requests with XPath queries once this new version is released.

Thank you very much for those informations!

Joël Lamotte