[xsd-users] Hybrid between XSD and XSD/e - parsing serialisation approach from XSD/e, but feature set and interface of XSD

Vladimir.Michl at barclayscapital.com Vladimir.Michl at barclayscapital.com
Thu Jun 16 04:58:26 EDT 2011

Hi Boris,

Thank you for your suggestions. At the moment there is need to use XML as format, but get it as quick as possible.

Following features are missing for me from XSD/e:
 - when validation is switched off, there is really not validation at all. XSDe provides at least some so invalid objects are not constructed. This is mainly about extensibility, being able to add new fields without need to recompile all receivers.
 - any and anyAttribute are ignored
 - IDREF no static typing available.
 - optional attributes should be returned as optional type rather then need to ask using XXX_present function.
 - function naming - would have preferred to have java naming available.

Regards

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Michl
Global Technology - FX Cash (BARX, DEVON)