[xsd-users] XSD - Error 2 trying to make hello world

Patrick Svaiter psvaiter at superig.com.br
Mon Jul 11 16:45:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I don't know if it's the right channel to ask for help, but it is the one
that I found most correct.

I am trying to use XSD Data Biding on  Ubuntu 10.10.
I installed xerces-c++ from Ubuntu Software Center, as it is a requirement
for XSD.
I haven't set any environment variable as it is described if I had installed
the binaries from their site. I thought the package manager already did
that, but I don't know how it works.
And then I downloaded XSD for 64-bit architecture, extracted to
home/username/lib/ and tried to run hello world example.
What I get when I try to make is:

../../../../bin/xsd cxx-parser hello.xsd
../../../../bin/xsd: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
make: *** [hello-pskel.hxx] Error 2

As I get this error at the very first example, I find that maybe there's
some misconfiguration or any bad installation of something.
Is there any defect with my xsd binary file? Is there any configuration
missing? What do I have to do? Is there any recommended location to extract
files?

Thanks in advance
--
Patrick Svaiter