[xsd-users] Re: ifc xml and transcode

giuseppe ferrari giuseppe500 at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 4 09:34:29 EST 2011

Hello Boris.

Thank you for your previous email, I am now able to import all the attributes.

Parsing:
The IFC has attributes for each entity as an id or a ref, if it is an object id
is a defined entity (filled with data and under data), if a ref wants to say
that the object refers to an id and that the 'object' s id must take the place
of 'object with ref (clearly de ref == id).

Now I thought to use two maps 1) id / item 2) ref / object and loop through all
the entities and transcode.

The problem for me are nested entities, for example:
<IfcPerson Id="i1561">
   <Id> KGy </ Id>
   <FamilyName> Kiss678 </ familyName>
   <givenName> Gyula222222222 </ GivenName>
</  IfcPerson>

<IfcPersonAndOrganization Id="i1567">
   <ThePerson>
      <IfcPerson Xsi:nil="true" ref="i1561"/>
   </ ThePerson>
   <TheOrganization>
      <IfcOrganization Xsi:nil="true" ref="i1563"/>
   </ TheOrganization>
</ IfcPersonAndOrganization>

The problem is that I have to iterate the children of the
IfcPersonAndOrganization

<IfcPersonAndOrganization Id="i1567">
   <ThePerson>
      <IfcPerson Xsi:nil="true" ref="i1561"/>
   </ ThePerson>
otherwise this person who is the child of IfcPersonAndOrganization i not find
'ever!
only iterating the data of the sub-entity i'm can transcode this person , but i
must have access to all sequences that are called in a different way, and they
are different objects.
there is a way to transcode the entire document with the parsing or should I do
it with dom  at the end of deserialization?
thanks.