[xsd-users] Problem running cxx-parser on Mac in Xcode 4.2 using xerces-c (v 3.1.1)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Dec 20 03:56:34 EST 2011

Hi Vaughan,

Vaughan Roberts <Vaughan at roberts.name> writes:

> I had to compile the xerces-c library (v 3.1.1) using  g++ in Xcode
> (because I also wanted to run it on the arm7 architecture as well).

Note that we haven't tested Xerces-C++/XSD on iPhone (either hardware
or simulator). Generally, we recommend that people use XSD/e[1] on
this platform.

> I am now getting a runtime exception (termination) in what looks like the
> cxx-parser code, though it may be located elsewhere. The file I am trying
> to parse works on the Windows box, so the problem is probably not due to
> that.

If the same code works on other platforms, then this is most likely a
platform-specific issue.

> This is what gdb is giving me shortly before the application terminates:
>
> #0  xsd::cxx::xml::auto_initializer::~auto_initializer (this=0xbfffd9f8) at
> elements.hxx:100

The auto_initializer destructor terminates the Xerces-C++ runtime.
What you may want to try is initialize Xerces-C++ yourself (see, the
'performance' example) and then pass the dont_initialize flag to the
document's parse() function.

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/