[xsd-users] tag files and doxygen

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Dec 2 06:18:46 EST 2011

Hi Brian,

B Hart <bhartsb at gmail.com> writes:

> I generated documentation for the XSD runtime (using doxygen GUI app)
> located at: C:/Program Files/CodeSynthesis XSD
> 3.3/documentation/cxx/tree/reference.
>
> This created a file libxsd.doxytag as well as html documentation.
>
> I also created documentation of my XSD generated .hxx and .cxx files.
>
> However, I don't understand from the help file (at :
> http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/doxytag_usage.html )
> how to use the tag file to link the XSD runtime documentation to my XSD
> .hxx and .cxx documentation.

To link to the XSD runtime documentation you need to update the
TAGFILES variable in your project's .doxygen file. Here are the
step-by-step instructions based on the hello example:

1. Generate libxsd documentation in the documentation/cxx/tree/reference
   directory. You can use either the provided makefile, a GUI tool,
   or command line.

2. In the hello example directory (examples/cxx/tree/hello) compile
   the schema with --generate-doxygen.

3. Generate .doxygen file for the hello example. Using command line
   this will be:

   doxygen -g hello.doxygen

4. Edit the gneerated hello.doxygen file and change the TAGFILES variable
   to read:

   TAGFILES = ../../../../documentation/cxx/tree/reference/libxsd.doxytag=../../../../documentation/cxx/tree/reference/html

5. Generate the documentation for the hello example. Using command line
   this will be:

   doxygen hello.doxygen

   Now examples/cxx/tree/hello/html and documentation/cxx/tree/reference/html
   will be linked.