[xsd-users] [xsd/cxx/tree/serialization/{float, double}.hxx] warning: comparing floating point with == or != is unsafe

Keller, Eric eric.keller.ek1 at roche.com
Wed Aug 31 11:28:28 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

while compiling xsd generated code, the following files:
xsd/cxx/tree/serialization/float.hxx:35:37
xsd/cxx/tree/serialization/double.hxx:33:35:37:85 throw a warning using our actual gcc version.

warning: comparing floating point with == or != is unsafe

unfortunately the gcc version we are using to compile, has some issue with the #pragma GCC diagnostic push/ignored/pop so disabling these warning is currently not possible...
could you please give me some feedback how I should suppress this warning?

Xsd version: 3.2.0
Compiler version: gcc 4.4.3

Best regards
--