[xsd-users] looking for help designing my XSD to work with my XML's namespace

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Aug 15 08:44:08 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Mike Kowdley <mikekowdley at yahoo.com> writes:

> <ReferenceInformation Major="3" Minor="0" Revision="1"
>    xmlns="urn:dataprovidercontent:referenceinformation03">
> <Identifier>1234</Identifier>
>
> [...]
>
> It seems that the xmlns attribute to the <ReferenceInformation> tag
> needs to be noted in the XSD document.

Yes, this is a very basic XML Schema knowledge and strictly speaking
such questions are off-topic here (this mailing list is not for XML
Schema help; more appropriate places would be the xmlschema-dev and
xml-dev mailing lists).

To fix your schema you will need to add the following attributes to
your xsd:schema element:

targetNamespace="urn:dataprovidercontent:referenceinformation03"
elementFormDefault="true"