[xsd-users] Re: FpML output is not being produced properly

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Apr 29 12:06:43 EDT 2011

Hi Cuneyt,

Cuneyt.Karadag at akbank.com <Cuneyt.Karadag at akbank.com> writes:

> xmldsig-core-schema.xsd: warning T004: generating parsing and
> serialization functions for 24 global elements
>
> [...]
>
> Is this normal?

It is a warning that informs that you are getting a lot more code than
is probably necessary. You can resolve it by adding --root-element-none
when compiling this (and only this) schema.

> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -D_RWCONFIG=12d -features=no%localfor ...
>
> "xmldsig-core-schema.cc", line 13086: Error: Multiple declaration for b.

This is caused by the -features=no%localfor option. If you remove it,
you won't get any of these errors.

> I have fixed these errors by changing the latter variables as n1 b1,
> n2 b2, ... and compiled again.

That's not the only thing that you have changed in the generated code.
You also removed all the xercesc:: namespace qualifications and that's
what is causing the errors. You should have mentioned this from the
beginning.

You seem to have a non-standard build of Xerces-C++ with namespace
disabled. We don't support this configuration. As a result, you have
two options:

1. Change to the standard Xerces-C++ build with namespaces. You can
   get a pre-built binary for Solaris from the Xerces-C++ website.

2. Fix the XSD runtime library (libxsd) yourself not to use Xerces-C++
   namespaces. To find all the places that need changing, search for
   XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE.