[xsd-users] Error while compiling generated code with clang

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 29 09:25:10 EST 2010

Hi Adrien,

Adrien Chauve <adrien.chauve at gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to compile generated code with clang and got an error. It seems that
> there is an unqualified call to setg in zc-istream.txx (line 35).
>
>    setg (b, b, e);       ====>    this->setg(b, b, e);

Hm, the arguments in this call are template parameter-dependent, so I am
not sure why clang complains. None of the other supported C++ compilers
do. Might be a bug in clang or it is being super pedantic.

> By the way, I noticed clang is not one of the supported compilers. Do you
> plan to support it in the near future?

Yes, sure. I just tried to build XSD examples with cland 2.7 (the latest
release available in Debian unstable) but got "cannot compile this decl
yet" kind of errors. I see that 2.8 is the latest release but it is not
yet packaged for Debian. Which version are you using?