[xsd-users] xml_schema::Date and xml_schema::Time are wrong serialized on UNICODE files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Nov 22 11:11:54 EST 2010

Hi Constantin,

Constantin Iacobescu <sir.costy at gmail.com> writes:

> Just have finish the test and look to give me the same error on file write.
> And this only when the "Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type" property is set to
> "No"

Ok, so this confirms it.

> So there is any way to can work in this case too?

The best way is to change wchar_t to be the built-in type. It is what
the standard says it should be, it is what Microsoft sets it by default,
it is what most other projects use. Perhaps you can rebuild/upgrade/change
the library that forced you to set it to "No" in the first place. Or you
can try to wrap this library and only compile the wrapper with the "No"
setting (you can change it on the file-by-file basis).

Other than that, you can go through the libxsd runtime source code and
change all short types to int.

> If you want I can send you the project

No, no need for the test project. I managed to guess what was going
on and you confirmed it ;-).