[xsd-users] Compiling XSD with Qt Creator (Qt v4.6)

Jim Pacyga jim.pacyga at control-pt.com
Tue May 4 16:50:04 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I've just recently found out about XSD, and was wondering if anyone has
tried to compile any of the examples using Qt Creator, part of the Qt SDK
v4.6 on Windows XP SP3.

I've tried a few things, namely including the correct "include" directory in
the "INCLUDEPATH" of my .pro file.  However, I believe I'm getting stuck on
the fact that there is no pre-compiled Xerces library to link to, so I get a
bunch of "undefined references to..." during link time.

I've tried compiling Xerces-C in Cygwin using the instructions here:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-windows.xhtml

The Xerces library compiles fine, but the resulting library (.a file) does
not seem to satisfy Qt Creator when linking.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jim Pacyga