[xsd-users] Parsing exception with XSD hierarchy - No type information available for a type

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 24 15:40:19 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Schindler <bschindler at inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> So I just tried what I was asking - I put --export-maps in utils, and
> used --imports for all the rest and that took care of the problem.
>
> I cannot really explain the behaviour of the run I posted before, can
> you boris?

Your setup had pretty much "enumerated" all possibilities when it
comes to exporting/importing maps:

- utils.dll had private maps

- datastructures.dll had its own maps and exported them

- dataflow.dll had its own maps and also exported them

- server.dll imported maps (who knows from which of the above two DLLs)

- main executable imported maps

Nedless to say this setup is broken -- your should have a single base
DLL that exports the maps and every other DLL and executable should
import them (the exception would be schemas that are not compiled with
--generate-polymorphic). I am not that familiar with the Windows dynamic
linker internals to try to figure out why you got the results that you
got. Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;-).