[xsd-users] PATH in xsd installer

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 16 08:41:01 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Schindler <bschindler at inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> > Unfortunately, Windows does not provide good support for having both
> > 32-bit and 64-bit libraries in the PATH environment variable (i.e.,
> > there is no PATH64). So in the .msi installer we only add the bin/
> > directory to PATH.

I was too quick to bash Windows -- it turns out you can have directories
in PATH containing 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs and the dynamic loader will use
the correct version depending on the application.

So the solution in case of the XSD .msi installer is to simply add both
bin/ and bin64/ to PATH. I have built the new installer for you to try:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-3.3-1.msi

Can you let me know if it does the right thing in your situation?