[xsd-users] libcult 1.4.6 make problems

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jun 3 09:58:38 EDT 2010

Hi Bidski,

Bidski <bidski at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Following the guide here to install everything listed there under MSYS,
> using the latest versions of everything.

The guide shows how to do in the Cygwin environment, not MSYS. You
may be able to do it in MSYS though we haven't tried it. Is there
a particular reason why you want to build the compiler from the
source instead of using a pre-built binary for Windows?

> I run make and enter all the options as it says but upon entering
> the last option the following is displayed in the shell
>
> [...]
>
> libcult-1.4.6/cult/eh/exception.o.d:1: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

A couple of things to check:

1. Make sure you use GNU make 3.81 (make --version)
2. Make sure there are no spaces in the path leading to the libcult

If none of that helps, can you show the first few lines from the
exception.o.d file?