[xsd-users] --generate-validation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 14 09:31:34 EST 2010

Hi Joel,

Joel Stein <jstein at fiveringscapital.com> writes:

> I was wondering why the "--generate-validation" option was removed
> (I saw a post by Boris from early 2009 recommending its use) and if
> there is currently something similar.

This option is only valid for the C++/Parser mapping and instructs
the XSD compiler to include XML Schema validation support for the
specific XML vocabulary into the generated code.

For the C++/Tree mapping XML Schema validation is performed by the
underlying XML parser (Xerces-C++) and can be enabled/disabled at
runtime (see the xml_schema::flags::dont_validate flag).