[xsd-users] vocabulary-specific types for simple elements

Sumant Tambe sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 12 15:55:31 EST 2010

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your suggestions.

>  1) You could insert a complex type that wraps a price.

I tried something like below:

<xsd:element name="price" >
   <xsd:simpleType>
     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:double" />
   </xsd:simpleType>
</xsd:element>

which seems to work alright for simple elements as well as attributes.
I'm not sure if using complexType would be easier.

> You can also customize a 'simple type'.  The customization guide has
> information on how to do this for a date class.

I'm not sure which customization guide you referring to. I found several
pdf files in the xsd installation.

Thanks,

Sumant.