[xsd-users] xerces exceptions

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 29 13:43:42 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler <eric at boostpro.com> writes:

> Thanks, Boris. Where can I find a complete list of the "hard" errors? I
> need to know what xerces exceptions to handle in my code.

That would be:

xercesc::XMLException (util/XMLException.hpp)

  Most Xerces-C++ exceptions are derived from this base exception
  (except for the following three). It has some member functions
  which should allow you to query a text message.

xercesc::OutOfMemoryException (util/OutOfMemoryException.hpp)

  This one is special in that construction of XMLException may
  trigger this condition so OutOfMemoryException cannot derive
  from XMLException.

xercesc::DOMException (dom/DOMException.hpp)

  This is the base for DOM exceptions. If it is thrown from XSD-
  generated code then that means that either the Xerces-C++
  parser/serializer tried to perform an illegal DOM operation
  (bug in Xerces-C++) or the XSD-generated code did so (bug
  in XSD). Also has some member functions which should allow
  you to query a text message.

xercesc::SAXException (sax/SAXException.hpp)

  Similar to DOM exception. While SAX is not used by C++/Tree
  mapping directly, you may want to handle this exception if
  you decide to use the streaming approach.