[xsd-users] xerces exceptions

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Apr 29 10:52:42 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler <eric at boostpro.com> writes:

> I've discovered (a bit too late sadly) that xsd lets xerces exceptions
> propagate. Ideally, I'd like to deal exclusively with std and xsd types
> and not let any xerces types leak into my code. Is there an option to
> have xsd catch and translate xerces exceptions?

No, no such option yet. Though I agree we should do it and I have
added an item to the TODO list.

What can make it less of a problem is the fact that only "hard"
errors are reported by Xerces-C++ as exceptions (e.g., an out of
memory condition). Things like XML parsing errors are handled via
error handlers and are translated by the XSD-generated code.